Monday, January 30, 2012

Thankful/Positive 1/22 to 1/28



The week started as usual with church, and the service was a preview of what our contemporary services will be like. There were a few glitches, but that’s usually the case whenever something new is tried. I feel good about the direction our church is going in the next weeks and months.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
As far as pain went, this past week was better since I’ve been faithfully taking my pain meds first thing in the morning and then my other meds throughout the day. It seems to be working.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
There was one day last week that I was playing my Raven games while listening to youtube. I have a neighbor in the games that is a big Kylie Minogue fan and I decided to listen to some of her stuff again. I had forgotten how much I really loved the music of the 80’s. I’d play my game until the song was over, then put up another one and go back to the game. My heart still belongs to classic rock, but this was so much fun trolling around in the decade when my kids were little and VH1 was my mainstay. Thank you, Sean!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
The week ended up back at church for the annual Congregation Appreciation dinner. This time it was a LUAU!! Can you imagine a bunch of old Lutherans in the middle of January all dressed in Hawaiian clothes! Boggles the mind, eh? I even got brave and tried poi…Saying it reminds one of wallpaper paste is an insult to wallpaper paste. At least wallpaper paste has a purpose…
The chicken and pork were awesome, though. The lava cake was outstanding. The coconut pudding was good with some extra lava sauce mixed in. Even the non-alcoholic pina coladas were yummy. Although I wished I had a flask of coconut rum with me…I would’ve been discrete…
All in all a wonderful time of fun and fellowship. Thank you Lord, for my church and my friends. Thank you Lord, for this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment