Monday, January 16, 2012

Thankful/Positive 1/8 to 1/14

I'm not always going to expound on everything I list, just hit the highlights.There were a LOT of positives last week.
The week started by waking up with an awful headache after DREAMING I had an awful headache. I could've just taken some pain meds and gone back to sleep, but chose to get up. After my coffee/slimfast breakfast I started feeling somewhat better and decided to go ahead and get ready for church. And as always in a situation like this, I was blessed immensely by the service.
Got to spend some quality time with Paula and get some stamping done. So much fun when there is someone to talk to while doing this.
Went to a pizza fundraiser for the Children's Center and had a great time. Wasn't real impressed with the pizza, but the salad bar was great and so was the fellowship.
One night Marv brought home 2 French donuts leftover from a meeting at work! YUM!!!!
I'd been having trouble with my new bifocals and went to Chico to Sears Optical to see what could be done. It turned out all I needed was a bit of adjustment and tweaking of the frame and everything lined up just fine. BIG relief!
AND....since I was in Chico, of course I had to go to Barnes & Noble and have lunch at the Starbucks inside the store. I also found 2 bargain books: the true story of Dewey, the library cat in Spencer, IA and an autobiography of Rick Springfield. WOOT!
On Saturday, we had more fun with Jay and Paula (Jake's Burgers is GREAT), and then went to a friend's BD party.
Good week. Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment