Friday, January 6, 2012

More Freebies



I’m pretty sure I’ve written about my love of free stuff before, but I haven’t figured out how to access labels on my blog yet, so I’m not 100% sure. Just give me time…I’ll get it eventually.
In the meantime, here’s something new about freebies, since it just happened yesterday.
I try to give blood as often as I’m allowed since I’m a universal donor. I’ve missed the last 4-5 times because of illness or being in Fresno. The last time was in December and they were giving out a free holiday t-shirt. I was in Fresno…(sigh)
So when the blood drive was here yesterday, the planets aligned and nothing else was going on and I was in good health and I went in to donate. Even though there was no t-shirt offered. It was out of the goodness of my heart (or veins, maybe) and the lure of free snacks. Plus, I had a good book I’m in the middle of. *More on that later.
After I registered, I was given a nice, shiny key chain because I was at the gallon mark of donations! I’ve given a GALLON of my life’s blood! WOOT! And it’s a real nice key chain too. Not cheap. Heavy metal. Came in a nice little gift box. Of course, now that I’ve talked about it, there is NO chance of me ever re-gifting it to anyone…not that I would do that.
So I got all comfy in the reclined chair and read my book and donated. It doesn’t take me very long to fill up the bag…fast blood, I guess. I went to the table for my snacks and ate my crackers and nuts and took a small bag of Cracker Jacks to eat at home. **More on that later. As I turned away from the snack table to leave, there was another table set up with ALL THE HOLIDAY SHIRTS FROM LAST TIME…
They usually don’t have leftovers, but there was a good number of them. So I got my shirt after all! I was so stoked! It was a very nice grayish/blue color, which I love, and had white snowflakes on it. I was amazingly thrilled. I’m wearing it as I write this…***More on the asterisks.

*Yes, I know it’s been a long time since I did a book report. I’ll get to it eventually. I think I gave up doing that on a monthly basis some time ago. I’ll just report when I don’t have something else to talk about.

**Cracker Jacks. Love ‘em. Always have. And of course the prize was always something to look forward to. Not anymore. (sigh) All they have now are little paper things like pencil toppers or a folding paper to reveal a famous person. NO FUN. I guess there were so many people ingesting the prize and suing the company that all the fun was taken out of it. Now be honest…did you eat until you came to the prize, or did you dump the box into a bowl, paw through it for the prize and THEN eat it? Hmmm? Be honest!

***I saw this device used in another blog I used to read, and of course, I decided to steal it for my very own. So, dear Gladys, KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE ASTERISKS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment