Friday, January 20, 2012

A New Label

`
This is a follow-up to the posting about my knees. The last time I saw my doctor (for something unrelated to my knees) I swallowed my pride and talked to him about getting a handicap parking tag.

He fully agreed with me. Not that I look down on people who have a tag, but it bothered my pride that I am now in the position of needing one. On good days you would never know. And even on some of the bad days, you wouldn't be aware of the full extent of the pain I was in. But those extra steps can really, really make a difference. Especially if there isn't an abandoned shopping cart nearby that I can use as a sort of walker to get into the store. Going back to the car isn't as much of a problem, since I usually have a cart to lean on. I didn't have my tag in time for Christmas shopping, but I have it now. And it is a real Godsend, I can tell you. If I'm having a good day, I don't bother looking for that special parking spot, because I don't need it. But on the bad days....then I admit that I am handicapped to a certain extent and need some extra help. And I am grateful for it.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment