Thursday, June 24, 2021

July Diversions

 


4 – Independence (?) Day

This used to be a day to celebrate this country and the freedoms fought for and won.

 

 

 


8 – Body painting day

I LOVED Laugh-In. I would take notes of the various funny things to relate to my friend the next day at school because she wasn’t allowed to watch it. 

 

 

 


15 – Tapioca pudding day

I think this is my favorite pudding of all time. Even more than chocolate pudding. Of course, you can adjust the recipe and make it chocolate tapioca pudding, which beats them all, spoons down. 

 

 


 

24 – Amelia Earhart Day

I was in 4th grade when I read a story in my reader about Amelia Earhart. Short little biography of her adventures starting when she was very young. I was quite taken with this brave little girl. When I got to the end of the story and it told about her being lost and never found again I was FURIOUS! How could they leave me hanging like that?!?

 

 

 


27 – Walk on Stilts Day

I don’t recall how old Paul was when he built himself a set of stilts. And they were good, sturdy ones. He had no trouble walking all over with them. That’s not a picture of him. I don’t think we ever took one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment