Friday, June 18, 2021

NOPE!

 


Unpopular Opinion Game! Funny spin on the usual.

Name 10 things that you don’t like that everyone else likes...here are mine:

 

Choc covered bacon. Apparently this is a thing and several people have voiced their delight in it. No. You can cover a lot of fruits and nuts with chocolate, but NOT bacon. Bacon is perfect just the way it is.

 

Anything with salad dressing, sour cream or mayo. And coleslaw makes me gag just thinking about it. In grade school, if you got the hot lunch you were FORCED to eat everything on your plate or you couldn’t go out for recess. We would have weekly menus telling us what each day served. There were many times that I would have loved everything except grated carrots and raisins in some kind of goopy slop. If it had been just plain carrots and raisins, fine.

 

Tons of different vegetables that most people seem to enjoy. Don’t care. I’m a grown-up and don’t have to eat anything I don’t want to.

 

Gambling. Some people say that marriage is a gamble, and if that’s true, I really hit the jackpot there. But feeding money into a machine in hopes of getting a fortune I find to be senseless. Same with playing cards for money. I don’t believe it’s a “sin.” It’s just not something I would enjoy.

 

Horror movies. Spoofs or funny ones are OK if they aren’t filled with gore. But the usual fare in this genre is NOT to my taste.

 

Any kind of rap. Even Christian rap. If I can’t understand the words, it’s all just a bunch of noise to a beat. And sometimes I DO hear the words and they disgust me.

 

Eating contests. Trying to cram as much food into yourself in as little an amount of time is foolish, wasteful and harmful to your body. Share that food with others.

 

Car races. Waste of gasoline. And it pollutes the air.

 

Boxing or “wrestling.” Real wrestling is fine. But the scripted stuff is stupid. Picking people up and throwing them down is not wrestling. And in boxing, you are trying to do as much physical damage to another human being as possible. There are better ways to compare strength.

 

Almost all reality shows involving sex, back-stabbing, over-the-top drama, “courtroom cases” or ridiculous premises. I LOVE BattleBots though!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment