Friday, June 4, 2021

9 Dead and Counting…

 

Ha! Made ya look! This blog comes to you with the help of my lovely granddaughter, Lia

 


Like me and both my kids, Lia has a very fine warped sense of humor. It never ceases to delight me. She seems to have a penchant for the macabre. A few years ago, she told me about a dead bee that she named Billy Bob. When she was visiting here, she made a little memorial for Billy Bob in the back yard complete with flowers and a stick. Billy Bob wasn’t a Christian so he didn’t get a cross…

 

This last visit, we were gifted a dead lizard by Neelix. He played with it on the concrete by the sliding doors until it was dead. We admired it and praised Neelix. Later the lizard was gone. Over the next couple of days, there were several more lizards brought to the concrete and Lia decided to name them and have funerals.

 

The first one that was already gone was lost to the ages. The next one was buried nameless. Number 3 was named Richard Jr.Jr. He was buried with the nameless one. Number 4 was named Ricardo and had a separate grave. Number 5 was Roxanne. Yesterday Neelix brought me Rafael. Since Lia wasn’t here, I had to do the duties myself. However, after I dug the grave and placed Rafael in and took a picture, I stood to get the trowel to cover him. Neelix had watched all this intently and in a flash he had grabbed Rafael from the grave and ran off with it. So no flowers for Rafael.

 

And then there was Ronnie…she would have been #7…

I had the slider open so Neelix could get in and out by himself while I was busy in the kitchen. He came in at one point and plopped down in the area between the kitchen and dining room. I noticed he was playing with something. I went over and saw that it was a lizard. I named it Ronnie and picked it up in a Kleenex and put it on the cement by the slider, took a picture, and went to get the trowel. As soon as I flipped Ronnie up with the trowel she scurried off! She successfully escaped the grave!!

 

Rupert became #7. Again, Neelix brought this one in the house and played with it until it was dead and left it on the step in the family room. So I took it upon myself to give him an honorable burial.

 

With #8, Phil, the thing that was a bit disturbing came when it was time to bury him. It had been a while since Rupert’s demise. I went to the burial ground by the fence and it looked like all the previous graves had been robbed!! Either that, or we have some zombie lizards roaming around…

 

Murray is #9. That’s his pic with Neelix at the top. Neelex brought him in on the tile in front of the slider. He wasn’t happy when I took Murray for burial.

 

So here’s the tally so far…

#1  nameless

#2  nameless

#3  Richard Jr. Jr.

#4  Ricardo

#5  Roxanne

#6  Rafeal

The escapee Ronnie

#7  Rupert

#8 Phil

#9 Murray (That’s his grave below)

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment