Thursday, May 27, 2021

June Diversions


 

Month of June – Aquarium Month

For several years we had a fairly large aquarium. It requires a certain amount of diligence to keep and maintain a healthy tank and healthy fish. We had a very large Oscar that took up most of the tank. One day when Paul was very little, he walked by the tank and Oscar jumped up, hitting the lid of the tank and landed at Paul’s feet. Scared Paul to bits! I scooped up Oscar and just put him back in the tank.

 


 

4 - Hug Your Cat Day

If you are lucky enough to have a cat (or 2 or 3) EVERY day should be Hug Your Cat Day.

 


 

13 – Sewing Machine Day

The first sewing machines were made in France in the 1830s. It wasn't until 1846, that they were patented in the U.S. My grandma had a treadle machine that was later converted to electricity. That’s the one I learned to sew on.

 

 


22 - Doughnuts are created (1847)

I have spoken before regarding my love of French Donuts (Crullers), but in truth I embrace ALL donuts. I embrace them by shoving them into my mouth…

 

 


 June 25, 1874 – Birthday of Rose O'Neill, the cartoonist that created Kewpie Dolls.

Cute little things. An original one is worth big bucks now.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment