Thursday, September 24, 2020

True Confessions



I know I said in a previous blog that I wouldn’t be baring my soul any more, but some things just need to be said. So judge away…

 

I have NEVER folded a fitted sheet. Ever. Never intend to, either. I’ve seen the youtube videos on how easy it is to do so, but you know what??? I don’t care! I just bundle it up somewhat neatly and place the top sheet (which I can fold VERY easily) on top to flatten it down more and place the folded pillowcases on top of that. Then it goes on the linen shelf in the hall cabinet. (phew…that felt good to get that off my chest)

 

I watch a lot of animal programs on Animal Planet, Nat Geo Wild, etc. Lots of Dr. Pol episodes too. Theoretically, I know how to take care of an LDA in a cow, castrate almost any farm animal, float overgrown teeth in a horse. Lots of interesting stuff. But at the age of 66 I learned something that just floored me. A cow’s udder is NOT just a big bag of milk with 4 openings to get the milk out. NO! Each teat goes to a SEPARATE chamber of milk! I had no idea! It makes sense, though, when you think about it. I mean, I nursed 2 kids. I KNEW the milk was in two separate “bags” and draining one did NOT mean the other one was empty. All mammals are like that. SMH… PS – horses can’t burp or throw up…

 

Every once in a while I will have what I call “marble moments”. Lia came up with that one. It means I do something so stupid that you can almost hear the marbles leaving my brain and rolling around on the floor.

 

More than once I’ve turned on the Keurig, put the coffee pod in, and forgotten to place the cup or mug underneath. Nothing like the sound of hot coffee spilling all over the counter and dripping on the floor…

 

And did you know that if you put something in the microwave but don’t turn it on, the stuff doesn’t get cooked? Same with the oven. You can put that cake pan in and set the timer, but if the oven isn’t turn on…

 

And there’s nothing like getting the dishwasher all set up so that when you get back from shopping you know it will be done and you can put the dishes away. Turns out you have to actually turn the thing on…who knew?

 

At some point I’m going to run out of marbles…

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment