Thursday, October 1, 2020

New Tricks: 27; Old Dog: 0



I hate new stuff. Said this many times. Not only am I an old dog, I’m a LUTHERAN old dog. And we all know Lutherans hate change.

 

Facebook changed. I bitched and moaned about it, but eventually accepted it. And it’s fine.

 

Then my blogspot changed to New And Improved. I REALLY hated that, and still am not fine with the way the posting business part of it goes. But I have no choice.

 

And now we have a new computer. *sigh* More new tricks. Slow going to get the hang of it. All of my purchased games went bye-bye. They don’t work with the new computer. I now have to face uninstalling them all (and don’t quite know how) and reinstalling them (and don’t quite know how). And there are other things that need readjusting too. Just how much would it cost to fly Paul out here to work on our computer?

 

I remember when we first got phones that had the ability to text and to go online. Marv took to it very quickly and can do just about anything on his phone that he could do on the computer. Almost exclusively, I use it to text people and take pictures. While we were in the process of getting the new computer, I had no choice but to use my phone for what I do on the computer. I find the screen way too small. I was able to use my Nook reader for a couple of things and that was a bit better, but the Nook is very old and very cranky. Kinda like me…

 

So the old dog carries on trying to learn all these new tricks. I guess instead of treats for a job well done, I can substitute chocolate or booze. Sounds good to me…

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment