Thursday, October 15, 2020

Condiments For Your Comestibles

 



 

In this blog, I’m mainly talking about the condiments you find in your fridge. Some of the condiments I’ve talked about before, but all of these are pretty much always to be found in our fridge.

 

Both black and green olives. I’ve loved black olives since a very small child. I would even drink the juice they came in if I wasn’t stopped. I don’t do that anymore. Green olives MUST have pimento in them. And of course when I was little, I would always suck out the pimento first. One time my dad brought home some green olives with almonds in them instead of pimento. I LOVED those! I’ve never seen them in a regular grocery store though.

 

Pickles MUST be dill. Sometimes I get the kind that are sliced for sandwiches, sometimes as tiny “snackers” but they MUST be dill. Sweet pickles are WRONG!

 

Dill relish I like to have for hotdogs. Sometimes when I’ve been out of regular sliced pickles for sandwiches I will substitute dill relish. The relish is great when mixed with a can of deviled ham for sandwiches.

 

Mustard is for hotdogs, as I’ve said before. Unless it’s a chili dog, then mustard would be wrong. Mustard is good for baloney or ham sandwiches too.

 

Ketchup is for hamburgers, as I’ve also said before. Also fries or tater tots. Not for sandwiches. That would be wrong. And it’s traditional on top of meatloaf.

 

Lemon juice is for fish and seafood. It’s in my fridge right next to the cocktail sauce. Cocktail sauce can also be used for tater tots. Many times I will serve fish along with tater tots.

 

A-1 steak sauce is something Marv likes on steak or burgers. I’m not that fond of it, but will used it occasionally.

 

Mr. Yoshida is awesome with frozen meatballs. Heat them up in the microwave with the sauce and you’ve got a very good meal. The extra sauce left over is also very good on the pasta or rice side dish you might have.

 

Basque Norte is also wonderful with the meatballs. In fact, a lot of the time I will mix the two sauces together.

 

BBQ sauce is always on hand for any cooked meat. I’ve even used it instead of ketchup on top of the meatloaf.

 

Mild Salsa is only an occasional visitor in the fridge. I’m the only one who likes it on my taco salad or nachos, and I usually end up tossing the bottle before it goes bad. I try to get the smallest bottle I can find. And I don’t like chunks, so I always puree it and put it back in the bottle.

 

NO salad dressing!

NO mayo!

Both are anathema in THIS household!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment