Thursday, October 22, 2020

In Search of the Perfect Purse

 



I have the shoes. I have the hat. All I need now is the Perfect Purse. Not a mission to be taken lightly. Some would shrink from the formidable task ahead, but not I. I am A Shopper To Be Reckoned With.

 

The day must start with adequate nourishment. Coffee alone won’t cut it. I need pastries as well, preferably fresh-baked ones. Chocolate croissants, cheese Danish, FRENCH DONUTS…something to really get your teeth into. And not just any old coffee. It has to be Starbucks, preferably Peppermint Mocha.

 

Then the hunt begins. The Perfect Purse must not only be the right color, but style and size as well. It must be big enough to hold all the crap that the normal woman carries around with her like a Sherpa going on expedition to Mt. Everest.

 

And just size alone isn’t the gauge. You don’t want a big empty hole to put stuff in. Then you have to rummage around to find your stuff. Have you ever poked yourself with a nail file while looking for the checkbook?? Ouch!! There has to be compartments within the purse to safely separate and store your accoutrements. You might think you see the Perfect Purse, but when you look it over for the actual storage capabilities, that is when the flaws become evident.

 

My storage requirements are thus:

Three sections in the body of the purse. One for wallet and credit cards. That’s the compartment that gets used the most. One for checkbook, calendar, pen, notepaper, coupons, med list. (I’m old, I carry my med list wherever I go “just in case”). One for everything else…lotion, cough drops, fan, eyeglass wiper, little bottle of antacids, emergency plastic knife and a couple of baggies (for cutting up your hamburger and taking the rest home), and Kleenex.

 

There is almost always a little pocket within one of the sections and that holds my lip balm, emergency pills, purse cross and a little polished stone that says “healing” on it that a friend gave me when I was sick once.

 

There should be at least one outside pocket for my phone. My current purse has one on each side, one for the phone, one for the car keys. There is even a bonus pocket right on the front where I have my tiny address book.

 

If you can find the Perfect Purse with ALL the requirements of color, size and style at the first go, you are incredibly lucky and should immediately go and get a Lottery ticket. Otherwise, soldier on and keep looking…

 


No comments:

Post a Comment