Friday, August 3, 2018

August 2018 Book Report



A Series of Unfortunate Events (1999) by Lemony Snicket

A real romp of a series! I have to admit, I had to be in the mood for these. I had tried the first book shortly after it came out, and the UNREMITTING travail for those kids was more than I wanted to take on at the time. A friend at church had the whole series and offered it to me to read. This time I was ready. A real hoot.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~~*~ ~*~
The Neverending Sroty (1979) by Michael Ende

I loved the first movie. Never saw any of the others. This book takes you WAY beyond the first movie, deep into the heart of Fantastica. You still have Bastian, Atreyu and Falcor, but so many more as well. Great book with neat illustrations for the chapter heads.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Making Waves (2017) by Tricia Goyer & Cara Putman

Martha’s Vineyard series. Priscilla finds out who store the Congressional Medal of Honor from a WASP pilot of WWII. Good mystery and it lead me to find out more about some of the women involved in the war effort of that time. I had no idea there had been any female pilots.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Don’t Rock The Boat (2017) by Elizabeth Ludwig

Martha’s Vineyard series. Priscilla tries to find the owner of a suitcase washed up on her beach. Among the old photos and clothing is a hidden pouch of uncut diamonds. Meanwhile, everyone is gearing up for Christmas time in New England.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Tea and Touchdowns (2017) by Erin Keeley Marshall

Tearoom Mysteries series. The cousins Jan and Elaine try to find out who spooked the horse that threw the mother of the local high school football star. Did it have something to do with the Homecoming game? It’s also Fall Fest time in the community.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~


No comments:

Post a Comment