Friday, October 24, 2014

Mysteries & Music – Ellis Peters





When I saw the blurbs for the Cadfael Mysteries on PBS years ago, I was greatly interested. I enjoy reading and learning about times in 12th century Britain. I am also a great fan of Derek Jacobi. I had never read any of the books before watching the series. I have since read a few of the books, and they are very well written and researched.

However, I just loved WATCHING things take place. You can really “feel” the atmosphere of that long ago time and the very harsh way of life. And Jacobi is such a wonderful actor. He really nailed the character of Brother Cadfael. I have found that sometimes when I’ve seen a movie or TV adaptation of a book, I can enjoy the book(s) more when I have specific people to “see” as they go about the book.

Colin Towns wrote the theme. LOVED IT!! I enjoy Gregorian style chant and medieval music anyway, and this is just so lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment