Friday, January 17, 2014

Spring Cleaning


This was written many years ago when I was still in a very dark frame of mind. I hadn’t started ‘happy meds’ either. BTW, most of those boxes are gone now...


Spring Cleaning


Time to open up the boxes in my mind--
     Let in a little air and sunshine
But watch out!
Some of that stuff hasn’t seen the light of day in years
It may not be ready to face the world again

…Now where did THAT come from?
I don’t remember those thoughts being around before…
Must’ve been when I wasn’t paying attention that they slipped in
     Better get rid of them fast

And THAT one, too! I know that memory isn’t something I want to keep--
Out with it!

…Now THAT’s a nice one. That can stay.
So can those others right behind it. Always good to have a few nice ones around.
Never enough of them, it seems--
stay,
stay,
out with that one,
stay,
go

One last box
Very small
Can’t be much

NO NO NOOOO!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment