Thursday, January 30, 2014

Leftover Soup DEF



D – Dieffenbachia
Very attractive house plant. I forget where I first saw it and was told the dreaded tale of how it could cause your tongue to swell up and you’d die. And all you had to do was TOUCH it, and then touch your tongue. Scared me to death. I know differently now, of course. As long as you don’t make a salad with the stuff, you’re gonna be OK. Don’t let the cats nibble on it, either.

E – Étagère
A piece of French furniture to put your what-nots and tchotchkes on. I really like the look of the one in the picture. And believe you me, I have tons of what-nots and tchotchkes. Most of them in the form of cats. Sarah has already told me that the first thing she’s going to do after I die is sell them all on ebay. So if y’all are still around when I kick off, keep an eye open and you might get some bargains…

F - Fairy ring
I’ve always love the idea of fairy rings, and have been delighted whenever I’ve come across them. I remember years ago when we removed the pine tree that died in the back yard, and a fairy ring appeared some time afterward. And I was delighted to teach Lia about them as well. In their old neighborhood, there were a couple of moist shady places that we’d pass on our walks. One time after a rain, there was a very nice little fairy village of mushrooms in one of the spots. Lia seemed very pleased.



No comments:

Post a Comment