Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Resolutions





As I’ve written before, I don’t make resolutions. It’s pointless, for me, anyway. However, there are a few things I’d really like to accomplish this year. Feel free to ask me about them once in awhile.

Less time on Facebook. Now that I don’t play any games on FB except for the occasional word game, there is less for me to waste time on. Yes, I do enjoy doing Bitstrips, and have been known to spend a lot of time plowing through all the scenes to find just the right one. If they had a better way of presenting the scenes so it would be quicker to look through, I’d be happier.

More time reading. That’s a no-brainer. If I’m not on FB, I SHOULD be reading!  OR:

More time crafting. I didn’t make ANY Christmas cards this last year! I haven’t done much at all in the way of stamping or crafting. I miss it! I need it! And that leads into:

Art Journaling/guided journaling. I saw a couple of great tutorials on making art journals that my soul is craving to do. I also downloaded a guided journal for this year that I want to have filled out by the end of the year.

Photo journaling. There were some neat things going around on FB this last year about posting pics every day for a month. Or more. I found a great site that gives really good prompts for each month. I printed up the list for January, and we’ll just see how much I want to get involved with this. This would also be excellent fodder for my blog.

Get rid of more stuff in the attic. I’m afraid that one day the whole thing will collapse in on us. I’ve been trying to have something to donate every time our church has a rummage sale, which is usually twice a year. And I’ve done OK with that, except this last sale in October I came home with a whole armload of stamping/crafting magazines and books and an entire BOX of craft supplies! (bad Dottie!)

So there ya go. Not too hard. Early days, though….




No comments:

Post a Comment