Friday, March 9, 2012

30 Days of Pictures - Day 8


A picture of the cast from your favorite show

I really struggled with this one. There was Psych, one of my current favorites. What’s better than the bromance between crazy Shawn and the bit more practical Gus? Then there was Scrubs, with the bromance between JD and Turk. And the entire cast of that show was outstanding. Great stories too. But when push came to shove, it was 3rd Rock From the Sun. Hands down. From the very first episode, I was in love with the entire cast.
It was fun watching Tommy grow up. Harry was ALWAYS a hoot. Sally the Amazon could take ANYone in a fair fight. Or an unfair one… And Dick was always, well, Dick. Who could argue against that? And his love for Mary Albright was a constant amidst the continual craziness.
The ones missing from the picture:
Nina. Sensible Nina. Puts up with it all and carries on.
Mrs. Dubcek! What a wonderful woman! Chain-smoking, questionable fashion sense, deep voice. Awesome!
Officer Don. His love for Sally was another constant. I think he was the sanest of the whole group, which made things hard for him at times.
One of the things I enjoyed the most was the sense of ‘family’ among the 4 aliens. They really did watch each others’ backs and cared for each other. And I loved how the episode would usually end with them all out on the roof overhang in the evening, reflecting on things. And I LOVED THE LIGHTS!!! The idea of stringing Christmas lights for an outside setting was amazing to me. And sometimes the lights would change from just normal Christmas ones to other designs. Then I started seeing all theses different designs in mail-order catalogs. I REALLY wanted strings of different kinds of lights to have outside!! Of course, there wasn’t anywhere I could’ve put them…our backyard isn’t conducive to that sort of decorating. But I still wanted them!! I’ve seen all sorts of lights for different holidays, as well as just plain decoration. I even bought a set of butterfly ones for Sarah’s first apartment. Those are now in Lia’s room.   
And now it’s over. The aliens have gone back to be subject to the Big Giant Head, and Earth is just a little bit saner and less funny.

But I have the entire series on DVD!!!! WOOT!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment