Thursday, November 23, 2023

What a Great Idea! – part 1

 

Some neat things I came across in cyber world. Some you’ve probably already seen, but these are the ones I thought were particularly cool.

 


Don’t Make Cents! (pun intended)

When I read articles about what folks in other countries complain the most about when visiting the US, THIS is the biggest issue! What the price tag says is NOT what the total price will be! It’s not the fact that it’s not an even amount or something like $41.57, but that tax is added at checkout and the total is actually $44.99. Why not put $44.99 on the price tag? I know about all the fluctuations that different percentages are in different places, and sometimes things will be on sale, and that it does make more work for sales people, but come on! Have a reasonable price in mind, add whatever the sales tax is in that area, and THAT is what goes on the price tag for check out. In the case of the above ad, making it a round number would make me more inclined to shop there. Not that actual money is used much anymore, it’s mainly cards, but still…

 


 

Infrared Vein Finder

I have no idea how prevalent this is, but it’s a genius thing that would eliminate all the poking around that can happen when someone is trying to find a vein that is determined to hide. I’ve not had a lot of problems in that area, but once when donating blood it took three tries to find a viable vein. Then they switched arms. I was told I could get another t-shirt for my trouble. 

 


 

Airless Tires

Again, I don’t know how much this kind of tire is used, or how practical it is, but it sure makes sense to me if you’re mainly riding on a smooth surface. I would think it would be much easier to replace a worn out tire like this than dealing with a rubber tire and trying to fit it on the rim.

 

Have a Seat!

Two very different types of public benches:

 


I don’t know how comfortable this artistic fence-bench is, but if you’re out for a nice stroll and need to rest a bit, this would be a handy place to sit. And since it’s part of a metal fence, I would guess minimal vandalism could take place.

 


This bench with a moveable back is great. You can switch the seat part so you can sit facing in either direction. If the sun’s too much in your eyes, just turn the other direction.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment