Thursday, November 16, 2023

Wheeled Designs

 


I’ve mentioned before about how little I care when it comes to cars. I do appreciate the special ones, though. These are pretty freaking awesome.

 


 

Built by Dirk Oehlerking, made from 1980 BMW R100 RS. Dirk is a German motorcycle enthusiast who does amazing custom jobs. This one is called The Good Ghost. I have no idea what he charges for jobs like this, but I’ll bet it ain’t cheap. As little as I care about cars, I care even less about motorcycles, but this one is breathtaking!

 


 

Concept car designed by Buckminster Fuller, shown at the Chicago World Fair 1933. Most folks are familiar with Fuller’s designs and works. Amazingly creative guy in so many areas. This concept car, called the Dymaxion, was a beautiful show-stopper, but a failure as a working vehicle. At the World Fair, it rolled over, killing the driver and injuring 3 passengers.

 


 

Deco Italian Car Baby Stroller. Designed by Di Giovanni Catania. I couldn’t find anything about this. Catania is a town in Italy, and that’s about all I learned. There were a few pictures of this stroller on auction sites, but you had to sign in to see what the price was. I love the design of this. I imagine this was not a cheap thing to have, either.

 


 

Birdseye Pea Car 2005.  It was commissioned from a company in the UK and had a go-kart chassis and a Honda engine.  Top speed was 60mph. Only one of these was made for a Birds Eye Peas commercial and is now on display in different museums in the UK. And of course, many, many wonderful memes have been made with the picture of this little cutie.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment