Thursday, September 29, 2022

EYE KWIT!!

 



I’m giving up on feeling grieved when I see words spelled wrong, or when grammar is stomped into the ground. Yes, I laugh at the memes regarding “their” “they’re” and “there” and have not shared really funny memes that are spelled incorrectly. But I will no longer be a grammar nazi. And yes, I deliberately did not capitalize that. So if I post a funny meme and there are flaws in the spelling/grammar DO NOT point that out! I already know!

Apparently they no longer teach cursive OR spelling in school. Kids are entirely dependent on spell check. Texting negates the need for correct spelling or even complete words. So I give up. I figure if you can get your point across, fine. I will inwardly groan and not say anything. The most recent event that set me off was passing by Foster Freeze and reading their sign about pumpkin pie shakes being available again. The sign said “THEIR BACK!”

 

I know that written language has changed through the years. I’ve seen letters written in the time of Henry VIII that had some words spelled differently each time they were written. They didn’t have dictionaries back then. I’ve already accepted that I will never be able to play a game of Scrabble with my granddaughter. She’s smart and is a good story writer, but can’t spell worth a darn.

 

SO…

 

As I’ve threatened more than once, I will write the next part of this blog phonetically… or should I say “fonetticly”… (I’ll throw in a little text shorthand as well, for fun)

 

Win I was in furst grayd i had trubble with wat was cald fonics. It tuk a long time b4 i cud conect sertin leters, vowls and words 2gether. Reding a book for hom werk was hard. At som point it all clikt and I cud reed! After that, i cudnt be stopt.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Interestingly enough, it was a bit difficult typing this and having to NOT use spell check!

 

So their ya go. Peece owt.


No comments:

Post a Comment