Thursday, September 15, 2022

More Life Hacks

 



I’m pretty sure I’ve written about life hacks before, but don’t remember when. I always enjoy reading about the various ‘hacks’ I run across. There are several “What I wish I knew before I was 30” kind of articles. Some are plain common sense and some are unique to me. Here’s my offering this time around…

 

Seal a Ziploc bag with a straw. I’ve done this for YEARS. We now have a real sealer for prepping our stuff for the freezer, but for small packages, the straw method is fine.

 

Powdered sugar is regular sugar blended. I learned this a long time ago from one of my cookbooks. I rarely use powdered sugar and this is a good way if all you’re using is a small amount.

 

Roll the lemon and then pole holes to squeeze for juice. This one was new to me. Makes sense. When I was a kid, we’d roll an orange around and then cut a small hole in it to suck out the juice. Then we’d cut it open and eat the pulp.

 

Rinsing the nozzle on a can of whipped cream. Seriously?? It’s supposed to ensure that mold doesn’t grow in it between uses. If we EVER get canned whipped cream, you can be sure that thing is emptied LONG before it will grow mold…It MIGHT last for an entire pumpkin pie, but I wouldn’t bet on it…

 

You can change which way the refrigerator door opens. I learned this fairly recently. I had never even thought about if before because I’ve never had a problem with the direction of any fridge I’ve had. When my dad was briefly in an apartment while my mom was in a nursing home, his tiny kitchen had a fridge that should have opened from the other side. Had no idea it could be changed or we’d have done it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment