Thursday, September 22, 2022

It’s Ugly, But I Want It

 

There are a lot of articles about houses, rooms, home decorations or clothing that are considered ugly, tasteless or down-right objectionable IN SOMEONE ELSES OPINION. And a lot of them warrant that opinion. However, I kinda like some of ‘em. Here are a few of my choices. And I think everyone knows by now that you click on the picture to get a full size view.

 


 

OK. I will agree this one is a heinous crime as far as style and color go…yikes! And the dark wood isn’t my favorite, but if this were in an old house that was big enough to warrant a room you could call “The Library” then I’d leave the wood alone. The red/plaid couch and wall however, makes my eyes bleed. No plaid, a lighter color palette in the blue spectrum and the skirting would go, revealing drawers for storage. The reading lamps I’d change as well. But I LOVE the idea of a special reading area surrounded by floor to ceiling books. It would also be a nice place to take a little nap.

 


 

I don’t know why this patio was dissed. I like it. A bit heavy on the plants, making it a bit claustrophobic maybe. The article said the ceiling was vinyl wallpaper, which I’m sure could be done with something else, but I like the design.

 

 


I LOVE THIS!! I might chose a different, lighter pattern and I don’t know what they used to cover this, but I really enjoy decoupage furniture like this. Haven’t a clue where I’d put this in my house, but I would find a place!

 


 

I see nothing wrong with this. I would remove the center metal thing on the headboard though. Maybe inlay a tile there. Otherwise, I think it’s fine like it is. I know Chip and Joanna would approve…

 


 

This house should absolutely NOT be on the shame list. I love it! It’s gorgeous! I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t love to live here. I admit it’s on the dark side, but I still think it’s beautiful. It would look stellar decorated for Halloween.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment