Thursday, May 5, 2022

Christmas Recipes!!!

 



I know, a little late for the holiday, but now you can be prepared ahead of time…

 

This past Christmas I saw a post about exchanging recipes with the Christmas cards you send out. So I posted that I would be doing this with people who responded. Not many did, but the ones I got were great. There were friendship recipes along with some really yummy recipes. Then there were…the ones my daughter-in-law thought she and her family should send…

 

Most were actually ones that were doable if you substituted regular food with the ingredients called for. Such as:

 

Buttermilk Fried Squirrel with Southern Gravy

Instead of 3-4 skinned and quartered squirrels, I would use chicken. Mainly because squirrels are SO CUTE!

 

Roadkill Burgers

Again, this was a very yummy sounding recipe calling for 2 pounds meat from the roadkill of your choice. I would use hamburger.

 

My favorite, hands down, was this one. I will share this recipe as it was worded on the recipe card.

Elephant Stew

 

“This recipe was included in an otherwise very serious cookbook produced by my place of work as a fund-raiser several years ago. I have yet to encounter anyone who has tried it.”

 

Ingredients:

1 Elephant

Salt

2 Rabbits, if needed

Brown Gravy

Pepper

 

Directions:

Cut elephant into bite-sized pieces. Cover with brown gravy. Cook over kerosene fire about 4 weeks at 465 degrees.

 

This should serve about 3,800 people. If more are expected, add the 2 rabbits.

 ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

 

Makes ya hungry, don’t it???

 


No comments:

Post a Comment