Thursday, January 27, 2022

February Diversions

 

4 – Thank Your Mailman Day

I don’t know about you, but I LOVE to get cards and letters. That’s the reason I joined up with Postcrossing.com many years ago. Not only do I get postcards from all over the world, I’ve gained a couple of penpals along the way. Writing letters just for fun has become a lost art. It’s so much easier to do email or Facebook. But I like having something I can hold in my hand and look at again and again.

And who would be better at delivering those cards and letters than Mr. McFeely!!

 

 7 – Send a Card to a Friend Day

What a follow-up to the day above!! I love making cards and sending them. I usually go all out at Christmas, but I enjoy making cards for any occasion. Sometimes I will get some funny greeting cards at the Dollar Tree and make them into postcards. If you don’t want to make, buy or mail a card, go ahead and send an email card. That counts!

 

23 – In 1940 the movie Pinocchio was released

I was raised on Disney movies and the TV show. “When You Wish Upon a Star” was a wonderful song that went straight into my heart. I can listen to it over and over. Take the 2 minutes required and listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNtFRt8Qi4s

 

23 – Also on this day, U.S. Marines raised the flag on Iwo Jima (1945)

The battle lasted from Feb. 19 to March 26. God bless America!

 

28 – Final episode of M*A*S*H is aired (1983)

Great series. Very few better than this one. We watched the show every week and had a couple of friends over for dinner and watched the last episode together.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment