Thursday, December 30, 2021

January Diversions

 

Before you start partying, read this. You might not be able to see clearly if you wait


 

7 – Old Rock Day

This is a redundancy. All rocks are old. But go ahead and celebrate them anyway. One of the fun ways to celebrate them is to paint them up all purty and such. But as I’ve learned the hard way, if you plan on displaying them outside or around a potted plant, seal them after they are finished! The pic above shows the cactus rocks Lia and painted several years ago.

 


 

8 – Bubble Bath Day

I have always loved a nice, soothing bubble bath. Have a few candles lit and some music playing and I can lay there until the water is cold. 

 


 

10 – Houseplant Appreciation Day

I am terrible at keeping plants alive. I once got a pretty cactus in a little pot and watered that thing to death. My grandma and dad usually had African violets that they took care of religiously.

 


 

16 – Appreciate Dragons Day

I LOVE dragons! Except Barney. Barney makes me want to puke. I would love to see a real dragon wheeling across the sky. The Pern novels by McCaffrey were favorites of mine. The cute little dragon/donkeys from Shrek were adorable. In fifth grade we made a diorama illustrating a book we’d read. I chose Freddy and the Dragon by Walter R. Brooks and made a small clay dragon.

 


 

20 – Penguin Awareness Day

What’s not to love about penguins?? Wonderful creatures. Real ones, of course, but there are so many others too. I’ve always loved Opus from the comic Bloom County. Both the book and movie “Mr. Popper’s Penguins”. And then you have those crazy penguins in the Madagascar movies.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment