Friday, September 3, 2021

Sapient Speculations

 


An action figure is being made of you. What two accessories should be included?

First of all, the word “action” is a misnomer. I was built for comfort, not for speed. Or action. If they made a figure of me, it would be of a woman dressed in comfy clothes, in a recliner, a cat on her lap, a book in her hands and a tasty beverage on the side table. It would have interchangeable cats, books and beverages. The side table and a nice reading light would be added accessories.

 

Various names for sofa

Growing up, we had a piece of furniture in the front room called a couch. It was also called a divan. My dad sometimes called it a davenport, which I thought was a really odd name. I knew that ‘sofa’ was another name for this piece of furniture. Chesterfield is another name I heard at times and thought was odd. Because of its size, it would be called a love seat today.

We also had something to rest your feet on that we called a hassock. I later learned of the names ottoman and footstool. I knew that Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet, but didn’t know that was just another name for a hassock.

 

What’s on your bedside table?

My CPAP machine, a jar of Vaseline for my lips, a small table lamp, a jar of foot cream, a little metal Altoid tin that I keep my wedding rings in, a small container with 3 cough drops, a box of tissues, my water bottle, my phone. I used to have a small alarm clock, but it was never loud enough to wake me, so I started using my phone for that function.

 

How many pancakes are in the perfect stack?

That depends entirely on the size of the pancakes. The really big ones in restaurants are fine with just 2 pancakes. But they NEVER provide enough butter!!! I always have to ask for more. BOTH pancakes have to have butter on them! For the size I make at home, it takes 3 for a perfect stack. And you can be sure that I have enough butter…

 

Recipe for the best chocolate avocado pudding?

No no no no no no no no…..you need to leave right now. Don’t bother talking to me anymore… Same goes for avocado toast. Just don’t.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment