Thursday, August 26, 2021

September Diversions

 



13 – fortune cookie day

No clear idea when these were first made, but it WASN’T in China. I learned that you always read your fortune and add the words “in bed” afterward. Here is a site where you can get your fortune online: http://chinaunique.com/cookie/fortune.htm

 


 

15 – make a hat day

I’ve always loved hats. I got a couple of basic hats with no frills that I can add flower clips or ribbon to. When it comes to making one, my efforts tend to run to this picture…

 


 

16 – Collect rocks day

Rocks are cool. When I was young I enjoyed painting designs on them. One summer Lia and I painted several rocks that I put around our poinsettia. I discovered that Mod Podge does NOT protect against water…you have to use a good waterproof sealer if you want to do that or put them outside in a planter.

 


 

21 – Miniature Golf Day

When Marv ran the Youth Group at church we went miniature golfing all the time in Chico. There used to be one here in Oroville, too. Fun game. I don’t think there are any around this area anymore.

 


 

23 – The cartoon show “The Jetsons” premiered on TV in 1962. My brother and I watched this religiously. Of course, the flying cars were something we looked forward to having in the future, but it was the automatic food dispenser that I thought would be the most awesome thing in the world to have. And then Star Trek improved it with the replicator. I know flying cars are never gonna happen, but I sure would like a food replicator…

 


No comments:

Post a Comment