Thursday, September 20, 2018

Random/Ramblings – Peeps Edition #2






This week’s blog was prompted by the ever brilliant and light-hearted Sara Wehr.

One thing I learned very early on about having cats: unless you start when they are very little kittens, most DO NOT enjoy being dressed in doll clothes and put in a doll buggy. And even if you skip trying to dress them, they STILL don’t enjoy riding in a doll buggy. There is an exception though. I’ve mentioned how loaded with cat karma Paul is. He could do anything he wanted with our cats. He got down on hands and knees and scrambled around the front room with Katze on his back. Katze was jostled like you wouldn’t believe, but stayed put. With Foonie, Paul would put him in an open box and shove him around on the carpet. He even put the cat in an old bike helmet and did that.

Another cat story…Trill was my girlie cat who would sleep on me quite often. Very sweet kitty. At some point Tucker decided he liked to sleep on me as well. That was fine. A tad heavy and a bit too warm, but I wasn’t complaining. Most people who have cats know that there are times when they just plain freak out for NO reason! You slightly clear your throat and they hear that as a warning siren, going 27 directions at one time. Seriously. Other times you sneeze loudly or drop a pan lid and they don’t make a move. One night both cats were on top of me and all 3 of us were sleeping peacefully. Something spooked Trill and she freaked, which made me react rather loudly, which spooked Tucker who went straight up in the air, coming down with ALL CLAWS OUT, landing right on my boob which of course I took exception to as it was very painful and made a loud comment, which sent Tucker up in the air again, this time scrambling off the bed. All the commotion apparently woke Marv up and he was NOT amused at what took place. But I had claw marks on my boob! It hurt! Much later both cats came back up on the bed and settled down with me. Fun times…


No comments:

Post a Comment