Thursday, July 12, 2018

My Week With Lia June 2018 part 2



Along with the crafting, we did other stuff. One of the main things was watching a cute mystery show for kids. It ran on the Nickelodeon channel and is called Hunter Street. The first season ran early in 2017 and we happened upon it last summer when it was rerun. We missed the first few episodes, but caught up quickly and we both were hooked. It takes place in Amsterdam and was just a very well written, CLEAN show with a lot of humor and fun action. We knew there was going to be a second season, but no idea when it would be aired. Shortly before Lia was to visit in June, I found out that the 2nd season had run early this year. I discovered that I could access all the episodes on their website and watch them on our computer. So every day we would watch a couple of episodes or more. It was so much fun watching this with Lia. We would discuss what was happening and try to guess who the bad guy was and just how other people were involved. The last episode ended with a hint of another season, so I looked it up. And yes, there will be a season 3. If this show was available on DVD, I would get it so Lia and I could watch it whenever we wanted on the TV.

I had given Lia a couple of kid’s cookbooks for Christmas a couple years ago and had her look through them before visiting and pick out a few recipes she wanted to try. Here’s what we did:
French toast made with Cinnabon raisin bread. AMAZING!
Tortellini Alfredo. So good, Lia had 3rds!
“Real” mac and cheese, NOT packaged! Another winner for dinner.
Purple cow. Best treat in the WORLD.  6oz frozen grape juice. 1 Cup milk. 2 Cup vanilla ice cream. Mix all in blender.

We played card games. We read a lot. I let Lia play for me on Best Fiends on Facebook. Generally enjoyed each other’s company.
I introduced Lia to “ermahgerd” memes!!!! She LOVED it!! She was speaking ermahgerd all over the place!

The other day I found out that she will visit again for a week at the end of this month.

Can’t wait! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment