Thursday, July 5, 2018

My Week With Lia June 2018 part 1



We got a lot done this visit. Lia just keeps getting better as time goes on. Thanks to a delightful book, “Amelia’s Notebook” by Marissa Moss, we both got composition books at the dollar store and started our own notebooks. We wrote in them every day and illustrated them. We read them both together. And promised that we would keep writing in them once Lia went home. She would bring her notebook with her for the next visit and we would share what we each wrote while we were apart. I went through my list of projects I wanted to do with Lia, and here are some of them…

Watercolor blobs and markers. We painted random blobs of color on paper. Once they were dry, we took markers and pens and tried to make something with each blob. I did small blobs on my paper, Lia did large ones. Sorry I didn’t take pics of Lia’s artwork this time around.


Bleeding tissue paper. This was TONS of fun! Watercolor paper, misted down, scraps of tissue placed all over, a final misting of all. We let it sit for quite a while and before it was quite dry, we peeled off the tissue. Great results! This big one I did has paisley shapes I drew on with a stencil and started to decorate. I did another one that I cut into smaller pieces for cards. And you MUST have the kind of tissue paper that bleeds. The usual kind you get in a store won’t bleed. Mine I got on Amazon.

String art. I’ve shared videos on FB of this technique and was quite eager to try it with Lia. This was my first attempt. It was VERY messy, as I used some rather thick twine I had on hand and some old finger paints from when Lia was very young. I look forward to trying it with a different type string and some other color medium.



Bookmarks. A dear friend who recently passed away posted pics of this type of art. Lia and I made a ton of them. Some for friends, some for Sarah. A lot of fun to make. And Lia and I each put one of them in our notebooks.

This last one is something I’d been wanting to do for a long time. We painted two old cookie sheets to make a magnet message board. Lia took one home and I kept one. Lia will further decorate hers with beads and shells that she had at home. I haven’t decided yet what I will do with mine. This shows one of the magnetic paper dolls I got the other day. I think Lia will get a kick out of something like that.

That’s pretty much all the crafting we did. I’ll write more next week about the other stuff. I LOVE THAT GIRL!! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment