Thursday, July 19, 2018

July 2018 Book Report



Madeleine L’Engle's Wrinkle in Time quintet. I read the first 3 in the series many years ago. So long ago, in fact, that I barely remembered them. I got the boxed series for Lia a couple Christmas’s ago and decided to read them all in one gulp. I’m glad I did. I wish there had been more. I will only give snippets in my review. READ THESE BOOKS NOW!!

A Wrinkle in Time (1962)
Meg, Charles Wallace and Calvin rescue Mr. Murry from the evil IT.

A Wind in the Door (1973)
Meg, Calvin and school principal Mr. Jenkins travel deep inside of Charles Wallace to save him.

A Swiftly Tilting Planet (1978)
Meg keeps in contact mentally with Charles Wallace as he travels through time to avert a world disaster.

Many Waters (1986)
Twins Sandy and Dennys travel to the time before the Great Flood and meet Noah and his family.

An Acceptable Time (1989)
Meg and Calvin’s daughter Polly travels 3,000 years into the past to stop and ancient war.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Psych: Mind Over Magic (2009) by William Rabkin
Shawn and Gus solve the murder of Chubby Dead Guy and look for the missing Martian Magician
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Garbage World (1967) by Charles Platt
Asteroid Kopra is the garbage dump for the rest of the asteroids. The people who live there survive by picking through it all for food and usable goods.


No comments:

Post a Comment