Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Five Senses – Pro & Con – Touch




Touch – Pro

Soft animal fur. I adore cats, but some don’t have soft fur. I still love them all, but when you get a cat (or other animal) with lovely soft fur it’s just as good as a security blanket.

Same with some fabrics. I love going to a store and feeling fabrics, blankets, rugs, etc.

Geranium leaves. I loved playing with them when I was little. They were my powder puffs. I would apply my “make-up” with them.

A nice hot bubble bath. Hot tubs are good too. Sinking down in that warmth can soothe away the day.

A good session with the chiropractor. Sadly, our insurance doesn’t cover it, so I haven’t seen the chiro for a couple years now. *sigh*


Touch – Con

Wet animals. Especially when they come in from the rain and jump up in your lap.

Hot things. Taking something out of the oven and the potholder slips.

Sticky stuff. Pine sap. Spilled soda. Slugs - one of the grossest things on this planet. Stepping on one is traumatic.

Rug burns and road rash.

Cactus, thistles, burrs.

Next week: Sound


No comments:

Post a Comment