Thursday, December 28, 2017

Dec. 2017 Book Report and Re-cap



I read 64 books this year. Not too shabby. 

 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
These High, Green Hills (1996) by Jan Karon

Father Tim and Cynthia get married. Miss Sadie dies and leaves her vast fortune to Dooley. Through the power of the Internet, Dooley’s mother is found.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Demelza (1946) by Winston Graham

2nd book in the Poldark series. Ross struggles in getting his mine going. His rival, George Warleggin tries to take over and drive Ross out of business
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Out to Canaan (1997) by Jan Karon

Father Tim decides to retire but still keep his hand in by being an interim pastor. Edith Mallory tries to buy the town of Mitford.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A New Song (1999) by Jan Karon

Father Tim interims in the coastal town of Whitecap. He and Cynthia get to experience a hurricane. Dooley’s mother Pauline and Buck get married.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
The Difference Engine (1990) by William Gibson & Bruce Sterling

Supposedly the book that got the whole Steampunk genre started. It takes place in London in 1855. My son-in-law heard about this book and told me about it. I got it and was spellbound. Awesome ride!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Wonder (2012) by R.J. Palacio

I did some research when the movie came out and was intrigued. I got the book to read before I saw the movie, and I’m glad I did. The movie was outstanding, but I think I enjoyed it more having read the book first. Young Auggie struggles valiantly with his facial deformity with the strong support of his family and friends. Read this book!! See the movie!!


No comments:

Post a Comment