Thursday, April 4, 2024

Beatnik Poetry

 



A friend posted an amusing ad from way back about a beatnik kit you could buy. That got me thinking about that era and the slang that came from it. And I’ve always liked beat poetry. So I did some research, pondered a bit, and this is what happened…imagine a soft bongo beat in the background…

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

went out on a solo flight – quail hunting at the local gin mill

started eyeballing a doll with big daddy right behind her

she was everything plus – a real shape in a drape

 

asked the juiceman what’s her story

 

focus your audio man, she keeps her claws sharp

she may be jungled up with big daddy

but she knows her groceries

so keep your hands above the Mason-Dixon line

or you’re slated for crashville

noodle it out, dig?

 

started interviewing my brains

decided to cool my jets and fall out

find my galaxy at the red onion down the street

settle down with some large charge and kick sticks

wasn’t ready for no tourniquet and a plucked chicken anyways

 


No comments:

Post a Comment