Thursday, August 10, 2023

Random Questions

 



What’s the best thing you got from a flea market or yard sale?

When visiting my brother and his family in Indiana several years ago, we went to a thrift store. I remember my niece Ellen found a Nancy Drew book she hadn’t read and was happy to get that. I saw a nice little display shelf thing with what looked like a Laurel Burch cat figurine. I got closer and asked to see it. It was removed from the display thing and I looked it over closely. It WAS a Laurel Burch! In perfect condition! I have no idea what the price was, but it wasn’t much, considering. I was GIDDY with delight! Those things can be pretty pricey, even the older ones, depending on condition. This was pristine! I bought it and hugged it and felt like I got away with something…

 

If someone looked under your bed, what would they find?

Carpeting. We are still using the waterbed frame we got in the late 70s, but with a regular box spring and mattress. We’re considering getting a new frame and mattress in the near future, and then we can get a couple of the Tupperware-type containers that go under the bed to store blankets in.

 

What movie traumatized you the most when you were a child?

“Midnight Lace” (1960) – Doris Day is married to Rex Harrison and her best friend is Myrna Loy. We had gone to the drive-in, with a kid’s movie first and then the grownup movie after, when my brother and I would theoretically be asleep in the back end of the station wagon. Well, I wasn’t asleep…

It took place in London where it’s always foggy and Doris is stalked by someone with a really creepy voice saying he’s going to kill her. She starts getting phone calls from the same voice. And that voice scared the crap outta me! Just haunted me for years! When I finally saw it on TV it was of course not that creepy. It was actually a pretty good thriller. I’ve seen it a couple times more on TMC. I won’t say much more because you really ought to see the movie for yourself.

 

What’s a lost skill that no one seems to remember how to do?

Be pleasant to people! Have real conversations that aren’t confrontations! Get along! Talk sense and quit flaming people “anonymously” on Facebook! Seriously people!!! Do you ever listen to yourselves???

BTW…have a nice day…

 


No comments:

Post a Comment