Thursday, October 13, 2022

Random Ramifications

 



I haven’t done a random blog in a while. Sit back and relax. Or take a nap. Whatever…

 

I went to Chico for a check-up to see how my metal knees were doing. It’s been not quite 16 years since I had my left knee replaced, and 3 years since doing the right knee. Everything’s looking good, and I don’t have to see the PA for another 2 years. Cool. I can still kick ass and take names…

 

Usually, when I go to Chico I will pack a sandwich and get a fancy coffee at Starbuck’s inside of Barnes & Noble and munch my lunch and slurp my coffee and read. Great atmosphere for this. This time, I did something different. Someone at work told Marv that he should check out The Habit Burger Grill on Cohasset. I don’t know how long it’s been there, but Marv went there and said it was pretty good. So that’s where I went for my lunch. I probably would have still enjoyed a blended Caramel Macchiato with my burger, but it was a fine lunch nonetheless. Good burger, GENEROUS amount of fries and a soda for around $12.

 

I checked out the Dollar Tree while there in Chico and their craft section was even better than Oroville. My main reason this trip was to get more 3 ring binders. I’m in the process of converting most of my rubber stamps into cling stamps. They take up a lot less room when they’re removed from the blocks.

 

The biggest disappointment this trip was the CD I brought along to listen to. Marv introduced me to the music of Cat Stevens when we were dating. I hadn’t heard much of his stuff until then and immediately became a big fan. Got most of his albums. My favorite is the Tea for the Tillerman album and I saw an ad for a new version of it. Supposed to be a mellower re-imagining of the original. I hated it! I do not recommend it. Listen to the original. I fully intended to put it in the Salvation Army box, but Marv enjoyed it!! So it’s his now…

 


No comments:

Post a Comment