Thursday, April 14, 2022

Good Friday 2022

 



This is one of my favorite hymns. The link is to a piano only version. Click on the link and listen to the music while you read the words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFOKjYLjcbI

 

Near the Cross (Fanny Crosby/William Doane)

 

Jesus, keep me hear the cross. There, a precious fountain

Free to all, a healing stream, flows from Calvary’s mountain.

 

(chorus)

In the cross, in the cross, be my glory ever,

‘til my raptured soul shall find rest beyond the river.

 

At the cross I stood one day. Love and mercy found me;

There the bright and morning star shed its beams around me.

 

Chorus

 

Near the cross! O Lamb of God, bring its scenes before me;

Help me walk from day to day with its shadow o’er me.

 

Chorus

 

Near the cross I’ll watch and wait, hoping, trusting ever,

‘til I reach the golden strand just beyond the river.

 

Chorus

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment