Friday, April 22, 2022

I Love My Snail Mail!

 



Talk is going around again about shutting down the USPS and letting FedEx and UPS take over in the delivery of mail. NO! NO! NO!

 

Yes, the service can leave a lot to be desired, but come on! I LOVE getting my snail mail. Even if it takes a bit longer. I can’t imagine FedEx or UPS delivering mail regularly. They talk about delivering mail “periodically”. Nothing has been said about what the cost is of sending mail through those entities. If it’s a lot lower, then maybe that would be a good thing.

 

I love sending cards and letters. That’s the biggest reason I joined Postcrossing.com. And if delivery is only periodically, how do you time sending a birthday card? Maybe just send out birthday cards for everyone in a particular month. I don’t like that. I could see Christmas cards going that route. That would be OK. You have a whole month to get your card out. And I don’t mind getting Christmas cards after Dec. 25. And if all I have to do is put the mail I’m sending out in the mailbox and putting up the flag, that’s great. Having to actually go to a mailing place every time I wanted to mail something is just not something I want to do.

 

I know I’m hopelessly old-fashioned in this. We’ll see what transpires. And by the way, our mailman, Craig, is AWESOME.

 

PS—I love GETTING mail! (hint hint)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment