Thursday, February 24, 2022

March Diversions

 

This is the last of the monthly celebrations lists. I’ve been doing this for a full year of fun and nonsense. I hope you’ve enjoyed them and maybe even taken part in some of them. They were a lot of fun to do.

 


National Celery Month! 

I LOVE celery for dips (see below), soups and salads. And it’s great with peanut butter. You have to be careful, though. Sometimes the celery can be bitter, and there’s nothing you can do except throw it away. I also enjoy using celery salt when cooking.

 6 – Namesake Day

I was named after my Aunt Dorothy, who died when she was only 4 years old. She was named after HER Aunt Dorothy. Since my mom really wanted a boy, because she was in competition with my dad’s first wife (a fact that I didn’t know until many years later) it was my dad who named me in honor of his sister and aunt. The name is from Greek origin and is the feminine version of Theodore, which means gift from God.

 

 


20 – Birthday of Fred Rogers (1928). Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood was one of the best children’s show there ever was or will be. That man was and still is loved by so many. 

 


 

21 – Birthday of Johann Sebastian Bach (1685). Greatest classical musician of all time. And he was a Lutheran! Bonus points for that!  

 

 


23 – National Chip & Dip Day

Everyone knows how finicky I am about stuff like this. I love chips and dip, also veggies and dip. HOWEVER…these are the ONLY 2 dips I will accept: 1. Cream cheese and a packet of toasted onion dip mix and 2. Mild chunky salsa pureed so there are no obvious chunks.

 

And that’s it. Celebrate every day. Give thanks every day.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment