Thursday, October 7, 2021

Odd-ball crafts



Boy, was this post a hard one to research! I already knew about a couple of these (won’t say which ones) but knew there were more out there. After all, I now have a reputation for the odd and weird that I must maintain…

Looking up “failed crafts” is funny, but not what I was looking for. And I was stunned at how many people are confused about the difference between “bizarre” (which was what I was going for) and “bazaar”. The first one concerns the odd or unusual, and the second one is the market place where you can sell such items. I tried typing in “crazy”, “odd”, “failed” and “bizarre” into Google search. Tons of hits with “bizarre”, but again, they were almost all to do with making and selling crafts for a bazaar. So here is my meager offering. Enjoy. Have fun. Annoy people with your odd gifts…

 

 


Tampon ghost

Great little activity to do with your daughter when it’s time to have “that” talk about what takes place every month. You can take some of the embarrassment out of it by showing her what FUN “that” time can be…and if you make it with a gold painted pasta halo, you’ll have a cute angel Christmas ornament to hang on the tree…

 


 

Doll arms and legs hanger

I LOVE this idea! This will really make your guests sit up and take notice when they visit and you show them where they can hang their coats.

 


 

Doll head pincushion

I’ve seen some truly creepy things made with doll heads, but I like this one a lot. You don’t have to install a light. Just a cushion where the brain should be. If you use pink material and draw or embroider lines in it, it will look like a brain!! Great Mother’s Day gift!!

 

Do you have a weird craft to talk about? Let me know!!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment