Thursday, October 14, 2021

Dice Stories

 


Back when I was looking for fun stuff to do with Lia, I came across what I call “Dice Stories”. There were several lists of subject matter put into categories with 6 choices for each category. You would roll a die to pick something from Characters. Then roll for a Setting. Then for Plot, Weather, Conflict etc. You could make up your own categories. Now you have the basics for a short story. If you Google “Roll the dice to make a story” you will find tons of ideas.

 

This would be a great writing prompt (in my opinion) for a kid (or adult) to make up some fun little stories. I wish some of my teachers in grade school or even high school creative writing class had made use of something like this for a prompt.

 

Here are a couple examples. You could even combine them to really flesh out a story. You could also change things for an older writer. I found several of these on Google images and Lia and I even made up some on our own.

 


 

Try it out and write me a story…

 


No comments:

Post a Comment