Friday, April 23, 2021

April Diversions

I discovered this site that lists all sorts of stuff for each day in a month. Obviously, it’s pretty late in the month for April, but here’s some things you can mark on your calendar for next year…

 


1 – National Burrito Day

I know this day has already passed but it’s a good one to celebrate any time. I used to LOVE Naugle’s breakfast burrito and truly mourned when the chain went out of business. It was revived by another entity, but they are only located in southern CA. I still make my own with eggs, cheese and Taco Bell sauce. Something I learned from Sarah is making them with leftover potatoes included as well. Sometimes just using leftover meat and potatoes. With cheese, of course.

 


4 – International Carrot Day

This day has passed as well, but carrots are always healthy. Great with cream cheese dip. A couple of times I tried canned carrot and orange juice. It was OK, but not something I would drink a lot of. My favorite way to eat carrots is in cake. With cream cheese frosting. With a frosting carrot on the top.

 

 


8 – National Empanada Day

WHY did Taco Bell stop serving these??? Their caramel apple ones were AWESOME. So were the sopapillas they used to have many years ago, although never in any TB in this area.


In other news, this is also Draw a Picture of a Bird Day. So here is my bird. Tweet.

 

 


12 – Alfred Butts BD

Alfred was the inventor of Scrabble, one of my absolute favorites, although I can’t get anyone to play with me. My parents used to play this and I can remember being very little and wanting to put those tiles on the board myself. I couldn’t spell yet, but I knew this was something I wanted to do.

 


27 – Samuel Morse BD

It’s also Marvin’s BD, but that is another story…

Here is what Mr. Morse was famous for: (click on the link)

https://morsecode.world/m?m=eJxjYhIRKU7MLU3NUcjNLypOVcjMK0vNK0lNgXKT81NSAdNEDHg%3D 

 

And that’s April for ya! The bottom line is: No matter what it is you celebrate, CELEBRATE every day!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment