Thursday, April 15, 2021

Everything is Upside Down…


 

I decided to try something different this week. Here is the result. I don't intend to do my entire post this way, just wanted to give you a sample...

 

˙˙˙ǝןdɯɐs ɐ noʎ ǝʌıb oʇ pǝʇuɐʍ ʇsnظ 'ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ʇsod ǝɹıʇuǝ ʎɯ op oʇ puǝʇuı ʇ,uop ı ˙ʇןnsǝɹ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɹǝɥ ˙ʞǝǝʍ sıɥʇ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp buıɥʇǝɯos ʎɹʇ oʇ pǝpıɔǝp ı

 

Just like in “Stranger Things” there seems to be another dimension where everything is the opposite of what sane people would call “normal”. That place is called the Upside Down. And after what went on in 2020, and continues to go on, that’s what it feels like.

 

Most of what I learned or was taught in my youth is not considered acceptable now. Christian values are no longer acceptable. There is no sense of humor about ANYTHING. EVERYTHING is offensive.

 

I have never been so fearful in my country. Not just for freedom for its own sake, but for my freedom as a Christian. I’ve always loved the German song “Die Gedanken sind frei (my thoughts are free.” Sadly it’s no longer true. Our thoughts are NOT free.

 

It’s a continuation of what I wrote for New Year’s Day. Which not many people saw because I didn’t link that blog post to FB. You had to WANT to read it to see it, and actually go to the website. FB has gotten more and more toxic and mean-spirited toward people like me.

 

I enjoy playing my games and connecting with my kids and close friends, but that’s about it. If I have something serious to say, I know better than to say it on FB. So far I have managed to avoid Facebook Jail by being a coward. Yes, I am a coward! And for my own mental health I will remain so on FB.

 

I have always said that if you don’t like what I say, just scroll past. But what people do is slam me and say nasty things or try to argue. I do a LOT of scrolling past with no comment, because I’m not on FB to fight or argue. All I try to do is post something to make people smile. I don’t think there is much smiling going on anymore.

 

I know this is a very negative post and I have to really fight against negativity. I cling to the FACT that God is sovereign. Soli Deo Gloria.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment