Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year…maybe



Most people agree that 2020 was one great big bummer. The viciousness and bitter hatred that flowed out of normally sane people was over the top. I have never been so depressed at the state of my country. I’ve never had to defend myself for being a Christian before. Or being pro-life. Or being white. Or loving my country. Or respecting the flag.

 

I never thought that having people over to the house would become a crime, or that neighbors would be encouraged to tattle on their neighbors. Even when we complied with the ever increasing restrictions and ridiculous rules, the ones in power wanted more. They could do whatever they wanted or go wherever they wanted, mask or no mask. For us common folk, though, we had to be kept under their thumbs and under control. With every new rule and restriction, more rules and restrictions followed. Bit by bit the Constitution is being shredded. There is no more free speech, really. Life is no longer sacred, especially for the unborn. And now we’ll have a puppet that will rule this country until Kamala takes over. And I know it’s not politically correct (and probably soon to be forbidden) to say “God, help us,” but that’s all I can think of to do now.

 

Many years ago I wrote a Haiku for a New Year card I made for a friend. At that time I was glad to say goodbye to the previous year and welcome a new year. I don’t feel that way now. I’m glad the old year is over, but dread the new one. But my faith is still intact, even though I waver at times. Because I know what is waiting for me. 

Soli Deo Gloria…

 

Just for the heck of it, here’s the Haiku.

 

new year has begun - -

hopes, dreams, tears - - another chance.

diff’rent path, perhaps?

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment