Thursday, December 10, 2020

Thanksgiving Aftermath

 


Turkey Day has come and gone, but the calories last forever...

Sarah & Co. came up for Thanksgiving and I loved it. It was very low-key and laid-back. I did a roast and potatoes in the slow cooker instead of turkey. Sarah made sweet potatoes for her and Marv. She also made Red Lobster cheesy biscuits. Lia helped us make a pumpkin pie/cake that is to die for. Sarah also brought up a HUGE pumpkin pie that someone had given her. Kevin had made shredded brisket for BBQ sandwiches. He also made mac & cheese with bacon. OMG. He also made scalloped potatoes. So we had plenty of food.

 

Thursday I did something I hadn’t done in years. Went for a walk. Sarah, Lia and I took a short stroll in the neighborhood. Short was all I could handle. We walked up to the stop sign at Ashley and Campbell and I took a breather. Then we continued on to the corner of Ashley and Stanford where I took another breather. Then up to the end of Ashley to Calvary Chapel where we sat on one of the benches for a bit. A beautiful white dog came out of the RV in the church parking lot, barking until she decided we were friendly. The pastor came out of the RV and we had a really nice chat. It gave me a nice break. Then we went back home. On Saturday we took that walk again. Definitely needed the breaks on this one. The weather was flat out gorgeous the entire weekend.

 

Sunday morning Marv went to church while the kids packed up. It’s always a melancholy task getting ready for the leave-taking. I hate saying goodbye. After they took off I went back into a VERY quiet house. I even miss my granddoggers…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment