Thursday, November 26, 2020

Survey Says…

 


Somehow, I got on a list of people who might want to take surveys about various things. Food, cosmetics, cars, technology. I think it started in the late 70s and at first it was all by mail. I’d get a form with questions and fill in the little boxes with my answers. I would get reward points and when the points got high enough I’d get a $5 check in the mail. This went on for years.

 

Over time the original survey company changed hands and started giving the option of mail or online. I chose online. More changing hands. Finally, there was no more actual money being given, but points were awarded that could be used for various things or for gift cards for Amazon. I chose Amazon. For every 1000 points I get a $10 amount toward Amazon.

 

When Lia was little, she loved Monster High cartoons and dolls. I got several of the DVDs for her with my Amazon cards. I’ve gotten movies, books, and other goodies this way. It takes a while to accrue 1000 points, but that’s OK. Free money.

 

Some of the surveys are interesting. Some are beyond boring. The most recent one was for packaged macaroni and cheese. OMG. Sooo boring! But I got 90 points for it, so what the heck. Once in a great while I will get a free test product like shampoo or face cream. I will use the product for a specific time and then answer a survey about it. I haven’t gotten any of those for some time now.

 

I have noticed that over the last 20 years or so, I’m ageing out of the market a bit. I don’t have an outside job, kids at home, big social life and I’ve never been into cosmetics anyway. Sometimes after I’ve answered my age, I get the “We don’t need your response, but we will give you 5 points” notice. And those 5 points do add up.

 

As long as they are willing to ask me questions and give me points, I will answer them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment