Thursday, July 9, 2020

Coffee, Books and a Cookie









AKA - What more do you need? Except maybe a cat…

I had to make a trip to Chico for a follow-up visit to the dentist. Since I don’t go to Chico that often, I like to make the most of my time there. There were several places I was interested in, but I REALLY NEEDED COFFEE. So I went to Barnes & Noble where there is a Starbucks in the store. I did some browsing around, trying to make sense of the new layout of the store. I used to know where everything was, but not anymore.

I got a new adult coloring book featuring cats. I already have a couple of those, but this one had different images. I like to make copies to color and still have the originals in the book. And yes, I still like to color.

I got the latest CatStronauts book in the series by Drew Brockington. Yes, it’s a “graphic novel” (comic book) for children, but it’s very cleverly written, and for a cat fanatic, such as myself, there are a lot of things for a non-child (adult?) to enjoy. I let the clerk who helped me find it believe it was for my granddaughter…

I got the 3rd (and final *sob*) novel in the Winterhouse series by Ben Guterson. Lia is the one who introduced me to this series and we’ve both enjoyed the books and have discussed them. I’ll read this one and then give it to Lia the next time we get together.

I had a long-neglected B&N gift card that I used to pay for the books and found out that I still had money left on the card and that Starbucks would honor B&N gift cards. They didn’t used to do that. So I ordered my coffee and with my membership card and the gift card I got FREE coffee. Java Chip Frap!! AND….they were having a special where if you ordered a grande or larger you got a FREE COOKIE!!! Their café was open for seating now too, so I sat and enjoyed my coffee and started the Winterhouse book. I saved the cookie for after dinner where I GENEROUSLY shared it with Marv. Because I’m a good wife that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment