Thursday, August 22, 2019

Next Round (AKA who cares?!?)




Are you a "shower" or a "long, hot bath" kind of person?
Growing up, baths were what was going on. There was a little enamel pot that we used to rinse our hair when washing it in the bath. I enjoyed baths, especially the treat of a bubble bath. When I was grown, I still enjoyed a nice long soak. The times I had to wash my hair, it was a shower. It’s mostly showers now, because of my mobility issues. I would love a good soaking tub that would be easy to get in and out of.

Camping or 5 star hotel?
I used to enjoy the small amount of camping we did when the kids were little. As time went on, I could no longer sleep on the ground, it had to be in a cot. I doubt I could even manage that now. I’d love to camp if it involved a cabin or RV. I love being out in nature.
I have NEVER been in a 5 star hotel. I would love to give it a try, though. When our niece got married we stayed in a VERY nice hotel with an outstanding breakfast bar. That’s about as ritzy as we’ve gone. I’d love to have the money to stay in a great place, have room service meals, big fluffy robes, etc.

Have you ever donated blood?
I used to do that on a regular basis, and I have the t-shirts to prove it! When Paul was still here, he would donate regularly because he said he was a universal donor (O-). When I said I was too, he said “Then WHY aren’t you donating?!?” So he guilted me into going with him. We would sit in the chairs opposite each other and see how fast we could fill up our bags by pumping the little balls they gave you to squeeze. After he was gone, I still went regularly. I can no longer donate because of my health and the medication I’m on.

Have you ever had surgery?
You betcha! #1 – Tonsils age 5.  #2 – Wisdom teeth in my teens.  #3 – Hysterectomy in my 40s.  #4 – (L) Knee replacement 2006.  #5 – Bronchoscopy 2018 (not technically a surgery, but I was sedated and almost had to spend the night because of my blood pressure.  #6 – Lung biopsy 2018. DONE BY A ROBOT!!
That’s it so far…got another one coming up though as of Sept. 26. #7 – (R) Knee replacement!

When did you move out of your parents’ house?
When I got married in 1976. I’d never been on my own. Went from my father’s house to my husband’s house. But I did know how to cook!


No comments:

Post a Comment