Thursday, August 15, 2019

Blogfodder



I came across a dead blog that had some good questions to spark my writing. Because of my age, a lot of them just no longer apply to me. Others were pretty interesting. Hope you think the same. I’ll be spreading these out over several blogs.

Fave Winter/Summer Drink
First of all…COFFEE any time of day, night or season. Otherwise:
Winter: Hot tea with a splash of Jack Daniel’s. Hot chocolate, maybe with a splash of Kahlua.
Summer: Iced coffee, soda, any kind of fruity alcohol drink.

Where do you escape to when you’ve had enough?
Usually books. I used to enjoy kicking back and listening to music, but my mind doesn’t cooperate and keeps running in circles. Sometimes I’ll zone out to reruns of Castle or Bones. I recently got the entire series of Psych and will start on those.

Ice cream: bowl or cone?
I love ice cream, but only in certain ways. I’ve never cared for it in a bowl and just eating it. I prefer it as a sundae, on a piece of hot pie, a float of some kind. I do like having it in the cheap cones that fall apart easily. It limits the amount of ice cream I have and I just like the taste of the cones. Fave flavors? Rum Raisin, Black Cherry, Vanilla Bean, Cotton Candy.

Least fave/most fave house chore
Seriously?? Do you NOT know the meaning of the word “chore”??? Ironing is at the top of the list as THE most hated chore. Hate, hate, hate. I’d rather clean the toilet than iron, and I’m NOT fond of cleaning the toilet. And while it’s not exactly a favorite, I guess laundry is the chore I mind the least. Pretty much of a no-brainer. Put the clothes in the washer, then put them in the dryer. Not fond of the sorting out afterward, folding, hanging in the closet, etc.

If you had the extra money, what would you chose – landscaping or a pool?
In my younger years, when the kids were here, it would definitely have been a pool. Now, though, it would be landscaping. A nice little area in the back yard with a small paved patio, nice shade, a cute little table for drinks, comfortable chairs. And fairy lights! I would LOVE to have a space with fairy lights all around for the evening. THAT would be the place I would escape to when I’d had enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment